Salus IT600

Hi all,

Need help, I have a network Salus IT600 , thermostat, actuator, window sensors, gateway, etc... I want to bring my entire Salus network to HE, it is possible?

Thanks for answer,
Nick

This same question was asked recently.... Let me find the post.... Not sure it was answered, but at least you can keep any knowledge in the one spot....

I got a little excited there.... I had seen this referenced before, but from what I can see, not solution as such. Sorry.... If there is HTTP API access, then in most cases an integration is possible.

I understand in HA it is possible With HACS

P.s. a few months ago it is possible to see thermostat in Google home from Salus IT600, and modify the temp.

I asked a related question about porting the python-based HomeAssistant driver for the IT 600 to HE recently, and pointed to the Github repo for the driver.

There's a very vague mention in the Salus setup docs about configuring individual devices to connect to the Salus Gateway (IT600) if the gateway isn't on the internet, which implies that some local control could be possible. The pyit600 project seems to do just that, but the project isn't very active and that code doesn't seem to be generalized or comprehensive. I haven't found further documentation or an API, and the above mentioned repo may be a result of sniffing/reverse engineering some of the Salus traffic.

In answer to your question, yes, it is possible to control Salus devices through HE -- there doesn't seem to be encryption or hard-coded values in the Salus IT600 that would only respond to traffic from the Salus cloud site (when it's up!). At this time, there's no "product" (driver + app) for HE to enable HE to talk to the Salus gateway, but is conceptually possible.

My Java/Groovy programming is, um, non-existent. If I get truly motivated, I might try to use this as an inspiration to learn something new and port the pyit600 driver to HE. More likely, I'll try to hack something together based on the Python code (pyit600) running on a stand-alone device (ie., a Raspberry PI) outside of HE, with a web interface that could be called via HE.

Hi, thanks for answer,

From HA what I read you need only to active (ON) Salus gateway - local WiFi mode (what means I don't know)

Question: it is possible to create only 1 network with HE and HA together? If I will buy a raspberry to bring Salus in HA then I could bring in HE and of course all my device from HE to HA?
Thx,
Nick