Run Rule option gone?

I remember from several versions back an option to run a rule so to test the actions. I don't see it now, have I gone blind, or just senile?

Thanks

In rule machine it's run actions on the home page of the rule. It's still there for me.

3 Likes

It appears only after you save a rule for the first time.

7 Likes

Hi!
Its also on my rule page, when I open it after it is created.
+1 for @april.brandtā€™s experience.

3 Likes

Hmm. Looking at some "Triggered" rules the Run Actions is there, but if the Rule isn't triggered then it is absent.

Hmm...
This rule is triggered now, and itā€™s still there:

Could it be when the rule has a counter/delay action in progress this happens?
On firmware 2.1.9.114 on the HE here.

What version of rules are you looking at. I have a few rules that I run from other rules and I do not fill in any triggering.

3 Likes

Can you post an example of the rule you experience this, please?

3 Likes

This is a Rule 3.0 rule. I'm not sure "Run Actions" was available in Rule 3.0. You could consider re-creating your rule in RM 4.0.

3 Likes

I thought of doing that.

2 Likes

Actually it is on RM 2.05 So most likely that is the issue and I never realized it.

2 Likes

Ahaa!
Finally some logic!
This one had me go crazy, almost.. :sweat_smile: :crazy_face:
Iā€™m on RM 4... :wink:

Yeah I am up to date as well. Is there a method to "upgrade" existing older rules to the current version? Something where I don't have to remember how I did it in the first place? :))

Nothing is available to convert the old rules but I'm sure if you post a screenshot of your old 2.5 rule there will be a few responses with a current representation.