Rules not working after upgrading to 2.3.8.134

Hi,

Updated my Hub C7 to 2.3.8.134 (was 3 or 4 versions behind) and Virtual buttons with Rules stopped working correctly, Even Rules with physical switches stopped working.

for Example: I have a rule that says, if a specific switch is on for 60 minutes turn it off.
It just stays on all day...

Help? :slight_smile:

Open the rules impacted and click Done to make sure all the subscriptions are set.
If that does not work, turn on logging for the devices and rules, then post logs (screenshots).

What rule program are these in? If in RM, what version?

1 Like

What drivers are the devices using? Many of us have an issue with some changes made to the advanced Zigbee drivers in .134.

Do you use Private booleans in your rules? I had to create a debugging dashboard with buttons to reset PBs because sometimes during a system reboot or update the rule would have finished because it was running during the reboot waiting for an event which never got logged because the system was rebooting.

Hi,
Sorry for the late response, there were 2 platform updates i tough might fix it but it still fails to work.
Following your advice, I Opened the rule, clicked Done and tried again, still not working.
I turned logging on and this is what i see on the rule:

app:452024-04-22 08:29:05.532infoAction: Off: Living Room Light, Dinning Table Light, Living Room, Samsung TV82, Kitchen Light, Balcony, Balcony Light
app:452024-04-22 08:29:05.505infoTriggered: Good Night switch on
app:452024-04-22 08:29:05.503infoEvent: Good Night switch on
app:452024-04-22 08:22:14.922infoInitialized

attaching the rule itself (Rule machine 5.1)

Thanks,
Lior

Hi, Thanks for the replay.
I'm using Zwave devices...

I don't know what's Private Booleans are so i guess not :slight_smile:
Thanks...

Screenshots of logs are much easier to read.

Is that all it does is the first step then it just dies?

I have seen this before, on a hub that had a bunch of defunct LAN/IP integrations that were hammering offline IPs. If the hub is overloaded it can cause RM rules to die part way through execution.