Rules for a window A/C

Got it, thanks. I noticed that but didn’t think it was possible to cancel on truth change. I see now that the option pops up only after I enter a number into the field for seconds.

Thanks!

@bravenel I noticed that the ST multipurpose sensor still doesn't always pick up vibration from my a/c consistently to change the acceleration state from inactive to active. However, the (very small) changes in the ThreeAxis orientation are consistently picked up.

Is it possible to use the ThreeAxis orientation as a condition or trigger in RM?

Not at present. Plus, not sure how we would state the condition. I suppose it could be any 3-axis event for a trigger event. That's a bit odd, as compared to most events that are active, inactive, or some value. I would imagine that there are use cases based on the 3-axis value, not just any 3-axis event. So this one is unclear to me, and most likely why I never thought to include it in RM.

In my case, I’m looking for a change in 3-axis value (any change) as a proxy for vibration/no vibration. Acceleration active/inactive is obviously preferable for that, but I’m finding that the acceleration sensor isn’t quite sensitive enough, whereas the 3-axis sensor is.

I realize that my use case is an edge one. But if you’d consider adding something like this, I’d certainly appreciate it.

In the meantime, I’ll try to adjust the placement of the sensor so that vibration is detected more consistently.

Thanks.

Hey Everyone,

I'd like to reignite this little fire. I want to use one of the threeAxis readings provided by a Smartthings Multipurpose Sensor in a RM rule. Has anyone made this possible?

In my case I want to do "If X < -500, do this. If X > +10, do this". Anyone have a solution?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.