NOOB ALERT!

EQUIPMENT
Zooz Zen21 Switch
Zooz 4-1 Sensor
Bathroom Fan

LOGIC
Humidity reach > 70, Turn on the Fan
Else Turn Off (Easily Enough)

But we also want to turn on the fan MANUALLY for other reasons and manually turn off when done. Please help me accomplish this rule.

Thanks,
Taylor

You need a sw latch that lets the rule know humidity turned the fan on. Use the private Boolean. The problem is that now the latch will be on if someone manually turns off the switch, so you need to turn off the latch if someone does that.

This should do it:

Triggers:
Zooz humidity changed
Fan off

Rule
If humidity >70 then
Turn on switch
Set private Boolean true
Else if private Boolean true
Turn off switch
End if

1 Like

There are also a couple of user apps for controlling fans, but they are a little different from what you asked for.

If there is a particularly humid day, you may find the humidity naturally goes over your limit. Typically you would want to compare the bathroom rH to another indoor sensor.

The Smart Humidity Fan app does a good job watching humidity rise (change over time) and turns the fan on and off from this data. It does a really good job turning on when needed, and running the fan long enough to reduce humidity. I had times this summer where the fan had to run 45 minutes or so to get humidity down, and other very dry days where it turned the fan off 15 minutes or so after a shower.

Is the above rule looks right?

Thanks for your help.

I think you used a simple conditional instead of the if statement. You are also missing the else if

Or just try Craig's code here and see if it works for your situation:

1 Like

Great community. You guys are the best.

Thanks for the helps.