Rule Machine: Trigger on Reboot?

Just started playing with rule machine. For my application, it will be handy to set some globals for things like whether or not it's a weekend, so I set a rule to run once a day at midnight to set them.

However, it occurs to me to ask, what happens when the Hubitat gets rebooted? Are the globals preserved over the reboot? And even if they are, what happens when we get a power fail at 11:59 PM on a Friday and the Hubitat reboots at 12:01? The 12:00 trigger will get missed.

I looked, but could not find any way to trigger a rule on reboot. If there isn't one, that would be very handy.

You could use a trigger.
Location Event - system startup.

1 Like

TYVM for pointing me to this. I missed it when looking for an appropriate trigger.

I know what you mean.
Someone pointed me to this as well. I'd completely missed it.

1 Like

Perhaps "Location" should be renamed to something like "Temporal" or "Transient". That might be more appropriate given that all most of the triggers seem to be non-fixed time-related.

In any case, thanks again for the pointer. Hopefully this thread will help TNPB (the next poor b*stard).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.