Rule Machine suddenly having problems with thermostat

Still at 17c.

Ah.. Ok.. So slightly different.. The working one is being sent without a decimal .. Checking..

Wow... good catch.

Ok.. These drivers handle this differently .. Can you try changing to the Generic Z-Wave Plus Thermostat Driver and try this again?

That was running the rule - did not update the thermostat.

Ok... I think I have enough to test with.. I'm going to try these drivers on a different thermostat in celsius mode and run these same tests to try and replicate.. If I can't replicate with thermostats that I have, I do have the CT-100 coming in..

1 Like

That's great - thanks so much for the help.

I see from the 2.3.5.110 release note below that this was apparently fixed (at least for some cases), but I still find that the Thermostat doesn't adjust setpoint as expected with my Radio Thermostat CT32 using either the CT101 or Generic Z-wave driver. @random, has the fix worked for you on your CT100?

Please try an experiment: Remove setting thermostatMode from the same action as setting a setpoint. See if that works. The failure for CT100 had to do with quick succession commands from an app to the thermostat. For example setThermostatMode followed by setHeatingSetpoint -- in that case setHeatingSetpoint would fail.

Bruce, at your suggestion I modified the Thermostat Scheduler app separating the mode from the setpoint as follows:

It seemed to work for the 10:00PM period last night and the 6:00AM period this morning as the heat is on now at 6:34 and the logs seem to reflect success in activating the Thermostat when the temperature setpoint and the mode are separated. This seems to be a Thermostat Scheduler app problem, right?

No, it's not the app. We put delays in the app as a quick and dirty work-around for the problem, but evidently not enough for that thermostat. What we added fixed the issue for CT100/101. It's not at all clear why your thermostat is failing for back to back commands, when it didn't before. I guess we could try a longer delay. We put in 100 ms, and could bump that up to 250 ms in some upcoming build. We put the same delays in Rule Machine, and Basic Rule. As far as we know, CT32 is the only thermostat with this issue.

Or, I could just replace the thermostat with a more modern one! I keep wondering what might have changed back in the 2.3.4.140 era when the failure was first noted.

Would there be any harm in bumping the delay up to a full second? Nothing super time critical in the heater coming on.

Thanks for your diligence in pursuing what seems to be a problem that only a few of us Radio Thermostat folks have encountered.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.