Rule Machine Rule Blank

When I click on a rule I have that turns my fans on when the temp gets to 80+ it comes up blank. It also doesn’t appear to be working any more which is what prompted me to look at it. Any troubleshooting ideas or am I stuck recreating it? Which I don’t even remember how I did haha. It was set up for certain times of day, year, only if the switch wasn’t already on etc. This is in Legacy RuleMachine.

I'd suggest maybe two things to try. First, I wonder if this could be a sign of database corruption... downloading a fresh backup followed by a soft reset and a restore might help. Otherwise you could make a current backup, restore from a previous backup (assuming you have one where the rule is good), export the rule, restore from your current backup, and import the rule.

Thanks I will give that a shot. Oddly it is only the on rule and off rule for this one automation. My other 20+ rules are fine. Now the trick will be how long has it been this way and do I have a backup of it when it was still good. It has been months since I made changes to this rule so fingers crossed I have a good back up. Otherwise I will have to remember how I did it the first time. Haha!

I was able to restore a backup and the two rules came back. Not sure what happened but I went ahead and just recreated them in RuleManager 5.1 so I could adjust them some anyway.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.