Rule Machine & Notifications

I have a virtual switch that when I turn it on from my dashboard I would like it to "unpause" a notification and when I turn it off, I'd like it to pause the notification. Is that possible? I've been trying to use Rule Machine and program the notification into the rules, but I haven't been successful.

The notification is a motion sensor notification that sends a pushover message whenever the motion sensors are tripped.

It doesn't seem like it should be difficult, but I'm struggling...

I was also considering using HSM and using "Intrusion-Night" that I don't otherwise use, to accomplish what I'm trying to do. It would be nice if you could set up custom "child apps" (so instead of Intrusion-Night I might add Motion-Notifications) for different HSM routines that could be turned on and off irregardless of other child apps.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks Carl! I'll give that a shot when I get home. I was focused on making my virtual switch the Trigger event which wasn't working for me...

1 Like

Thanks again Carl. That worked for me and it's working like I had hoped. Good lesson to reorient myself on what the trigger event should be with rule machine.

In case it helps someone else reading this, initially when I entered the rule into rule machine, my notification statement in Carl's example was getting nested because I selected the "IF (conditions) THEN". When I changed it to use the "Simple Conditional Action", then I was able to add the notifications action outside of the IF/THEN statement.

Mark

1 Like

I see you've got something in RM figured out above, but it seems like this option in the Notifications app might also work for you:

1 Like

I like that too. Thanks for pointing out this additional solution! Much appreciated,
Mark

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.