Rule Machine not playing nicely with LANNouncer - way to modify LANNouncer driver to fix?

Hello,

I am trying to use RM to make announcements to changes in HSM. For example, when arming away "armed away - exit now!" should be said from my wall tablet. I have been using LANNouncer with great success for all of my other TTS announcements from other Hubitat apps.

It seems that rule machine is making TTS announcements in some way that LANNouncer does not understand. This is the event and error I get when RM tries to speak through the LANNouncer driver:

|id:|1777177|
|---|---|
|Date:|2022-12-12 14:41:24.867|
|Name:|command-speak|
|descriptionText:|Command called: speak|
|isStateChange:|false|
|physical:|false|
|digital:|false|
|source:|DEVICE|
|type:|command|
|deviceId:|1279|
2022-12-12 02:30:41.488 PM[error](http://192.168.2.156/logs?tab=past&deviceId=1279#)groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_RonV42_LANnouncer_Alerter_Hubitat_864.speak() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.Long) values: [System Disarmed!, 100]
Possible solutions: speak(java.lang.Object), sleep(long), beep(), siren(), grep(), inspect() on line 6959 (method speak)

When things work correctly, this is the type of event that LANNouncer gets:

> 
> Event Details
> 
> |id:|1777161|
> | --- | --- |
> |Date:|2022-12-12 14:40:36.824|
> |Name:|LANnouncerIP|
> |isStateChange:|true|
> |physical:|false|
> |digital:|false|
> |source:|DEVICE|
> |value:|&SPEAK=this%20is%20a%20test&@DONE@|
> |deviceId:|1279|

EDIT: Not sure if this thread is worth deleting now, but I realized I could use Fully Kiosk Browser along with [RELEASE] Fully Kiosk Browser Controller to make TTS work far better than LANNouncer. Side note: do not use a password with symbols until this driver is improved as it breaks it in my experience.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.