Rule Machine: Motion detector initiated rules just stopped working

What I thought,. You have 2 ghosts (they are the ones with a blank routing column. Click refresh on those lines and remove them, They will prevent you from pairing anything and make your mesh hell. Also have you updated your z-wave firmware? at the top of the page will be a z-wave firmware update button if you haven;'t

You also basically have NO zwave mesh, all your devices are battery powered sensors except it looks like the Guest Room is possibly a mains repeater. If any of the devices are getting weak signals they do not have much options for finding another route to the hub.

What are all your lights and fans controlled by? Zigbee? Wifi?

EDIT:
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Z-Wave_Mesh

1 Like

Good catch, wasn't even looking at that (working on other stuff so easily distracted like a cat).

I Shutdown and restarted as suggested and that seems to have cleared the ghosts discovered! I walked into the Room and the light came on!!!

I guess I was only rebooting and not actually shutting the hub down (Doh!!).

I really appreciate the time and help provided in this thread. I have also learned a lot more of how to troubleshoot and z-wave itself!

Have a great day all. This community is 2for 2 with solving my problems. I'm sure there are a lot more to come..hahah!

A restart will take care of most things except for a locked zwave radio, usually a full power down will help with that. If you are having to do it often then there are other things causing problems, as it not a normal thing you should need to do.

1 Like

Missed this earlier. Will read up! My fans and lights currently are controlled by wifi kasa switches.
Example:
Motion detected by sensor > Turn on Fan (or light) switch
Humidity over 60% detected by sensor > Turn on Bathroom exhaust fan

Also, How can you tell by looking at that screen cap that I do not have a mesh setup? Is it the Route column that tipped you off? Just want to understand what you saw

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.