Rule Machine 5.1 groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: error

An RM 5.1 rule is reliably generating a goovy exception in 2.2.9.129. This doesn't seem to obviously match any current issues I could find. Error logs show:

The rule is:

You should update your hub to latest release, and see if it still throws the error (cause may have been fixed). Please post again what you find. I will investigate further if it still misbehaves.

After updating to 2.2.9.146 the same exception still occurs, although the line number has moved slightly:

Just looking at this I'd say that the rule believes that either Luminance 1 or Loft(3) is a string.

1 Like

Considering what @thebearmay said, could you post a screenshot of the device events for Xiaomi Luminance 1. Those can be found on its device page top Events button.

1 Like

Here's the events for the Illuminance sensor.

Thanks. Could you post a link to the driver?

Driver is from here.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/markus-li/Hubitat/release/drivers/expanded/zigbee-xiaomi-mijia-smart-light-sensor-expanded.groovy

Just a thought, the sensor measurement conditional is identical to the one in the initial IF, which works OK. It would be odd if the sensor value is OK one place but not the other. The failure is in the Wait rule, where there is a NOT plus an AND added.

Yeah, I'm seeing if I can reproduce this... It looks like there is a null for one of the values, but that could be a bug for sure.

How did you construct this condition?

Illuminance of Xiaomi Luminance 1 - Loft is < 40

Could you edit that condition and post a screenshot.

Oh, haha, I thought Loft was some separate thing. Thanks.

1 Like

Me too...

Bang... reproduced the error. Thanks. Now to find out its cause...

Bug found. Fix will be in the next release. Sorry for this. It's caused by the Between Two Times in the Wait.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response @bravenel

I’m getting the same error with wait but not using between times in my rule. Just using the wait command with elapsed time.