Rule Machine 5.1 Compare 2 custom attributes from weather station

I have my ambient weather station linked to hubitat and am now trying to create a rule in rule machine 5.1 that compares temperature and dewpoint values from the weather station using custom attribute and then turns a fan on or off. I looked at using variables but don't see how to set them to anything other than static values.

Is it possible to compare 2 custom attribute values in rule machine?

Thanks in Advance

You can set a variable to a device attribute. And you can compare a device attribute to a variable. So you'd put one attribute value in a variable, and then compare the other one to it. This would be a condition, and could be used in Conditional actions.

Look for Custom Attribute as a capability for a Condition, and Device Attribute for setting a variable.

1 Like

Ok, I've searched a wrestled with this concept to no avail. Can someone step me through creating a variable, setting it to a device value and then using it in a rule in rule machine? I've tried creating both local and global variables but only see where to set them to a fixed starting value

I want to compare 2 values coming from my weather station.

Thanks in advance

mrjaffe, I was wondering what weather station you were able to connect to the hub? I want to use the wind speed of my station to raise the outdoor sunscreens somehow.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.