Rule Machine 5.1 bug (MacOS Safari)

If you choose a certain time and try to enter 12 as the hourly variable it fails.

When you try you get this error.

Required Fields missing or not passing validation. Please check red underlined fields and complete the required fields (ones with *)

What context are you talking about? Please show a screenshot.

I made a test rule and choose "certain time" in both the "triggers" and "wait for events". I used both 12:00 am and 12:00 pm in both contexts. I also created a conditional statement between two times, these times being 12:00 am and 12:00 pm.

Everything worked as I expected. Could you elaborate one what you mean as a bug? Does it have something to do when a rule involves a hub variable or a local variable?

1 Like

It only fails if you click on "update". It will work if you click directly on "done with trigger event"

This should be a simple bug to fix. Even though I have a work around I just wanted to report it so that others do not run in to it.

It's still a little hard to tell where exactly you're running into this issue in your rule based on that one screenshot.

But it looks like you are adding several "certain time" triggers. Like @Stephan.J, I can't replicate this issue.

One thing that seems odd is that I don't have an "update" button when I add a "specific time" trigger. I do have an "erase time" button, as you also do. That's what I see on both Safari on my iPhone, and Chrome on my Windows PC (screenshot below).

I'm guessing this has something to do with the OS and browser you are using?

It's a Safari time selector bug. We will track it down.

2 Likes

Great. Yes I am using Mac and Safari.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.