Rule editor change in 2.3.6.xxx

I have been on 2.3.5.152 after not upgrading for a while. There I noticed a nice semi-graphical editor the the Rule Machine 5.1. It allowed selection of steps for editing, graphical reordering and a nice flow layout.

I upgraded today to 2.3.6.144 since it had been a while and improvements are always being rolled out. I looked at the App layout and it seemed much more rudimentary and less user-friendly.

More important, when I clicked on a particular multi-step app, it seemed that it had gone back to the older display and the easier-to-use editor seemed not to be there.

I've rolled back to 2.3.5.152 for now. But just curious if I missed some way to have the improved editor on the 2.3.6.xxx family (I didn't stay long before reverting).

If the editor is gone, any idea why and if it will come back in the future?

Cheers.

The app and devices pages have changed. There have also been some changes to the Rule Machine UI, but honestly they've only been minor tweak that added new features (with messages UI, Conditional triggers, and a few other minor additions) but I have not seen any regression or removal of features or UI elements.

The Rule 5.1 editor has not changed since release 2.3.3, over a year ago. Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Just guessing without more information, but two common problems:

1. People click into the parent app and expect the child apps to be there; you need to expand the parent app on the Apps page and find the child app there instead. (This is not new, just the way to do it looks different. And the default might be collapsed now and not before, or at least that could explain some confusion...)
  2. The new editor applies only to Rule 5.1 (and the latest Button Controller/Button Rules). If you open exisitng rules from previous "versions" of these apps, they will look the same they always have. (This is also not new and will be the same on 2.3.5.)
1 Like

Well, not sure how I missed it. I did see the new look and expanded the parent app to see the children. I don't like this look as much, but very minor.

When I selected my app, it seems that things had been organized a little differently. I didn't notice that the same view was a little lower down on the page. Looks like before.

OK, I DO know how I missed it...I just didn't scroll down far enough. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comments. Move along....nothing to see here.

Adding some screenshots to show the difference. Note that 2.3.6.xxx has a large "conditions" section at the top that is not present in 2.3.5. But the same information is in 2.3.6 below for the editor.
2.3.5:

2.3.6:

Cheers.

1 Like