RSS tiles

This may be stupidly simple for someone, however is there a way to get RSS feeds into a tile?
I imagine there is a world of issues with text wrapping and the amount of characters that can be displayed.

Would love simple news headlines

1 Like

I'd even like this for notifications from within HE or custom apps. Would love to hear if anyone has something already working.

Also interested in this

I have it in a very roundabout fashion.

I'm using DakBoard, and have two RSS feeds on that, that said if you get close enough to the dash, the screensaver stops and I lose them.

Maybe the best way is via Iframes?

So no way to do this? Been fighting with the weather tile to no results. I want to use the hubitat dashboards but the more i want to do the more it pisses me off all the hoops you have to jump to get it to work. If it even works.

How do think that can even be done????
I dont know much about HTML but where will you even inject the code in and how to even use it?

Take a look at DAKBoard.com.
I set my screen saver in Fully to be my DAKBoard URL. In this you can show RSS. Not on a tile.

revamp of a year old post.
I don't have an issue with Dak, but its not for me. Is it possible to get RSS into the dashboard yet?

Also can Google calendar notifications (or similar) be added in? Looking to be reminded of upcoming appointments etc, not to manage it completely

Hey @northan, this is as close to an integration with google calendar I could come up with. I'm Using Github to Host the webpage that I use, unfortunately I wasn't able to get the direct link from Google to work.

Hey @scubamikejax904, Thanks for the share, unfortunately this is a little more work (personal websites) than I was looking for.
Maybe I need to wait until this feature is natively added someday :yawning_face:

@northan - Have you checked out Bryan's Google Calendar tile? Could this do what you need? (I'll admit I haven't read the entire thread). I had some issues with refining the layout of the embedded Calendar, hoping Bryan may be able to resolve that at some point.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Looking into it now. :+1:

1 Like

How about using an iFrame?