Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

do please give it a try. there is no new development because the app well works as it is today. :slight_smile:

choice is always a good thing. do let me know if you find things that couldn't be done with rooms manager that you would expect it to do.

need to dig in to this a bit but my wife likes to leave the closet light on at night so i have setup the closet lights as night lights on and they dont turn off till sleep mode turns off.

do please ping me here if this is an ongoing issue.

changing it to "First Uppercase" would mess with my OCD so much :wink:

1 Like

what's HPM?

An app that makes installing, updating, finding apps simpler.

its freaking out because you would even consider uninstalling this app :wink:

but if you haven't uninstalled it yet please respond here and i will work with you to figure it out.

will check this out. thanks for reporting it.

will look into this.

thank you.

it intermediates on package mgmt for hubitat. i will look in to it.

2 Likes

Let me put it back on my development Hubitat and take a fresh look. The last time I tired I was using my weather station luminance, occupancy via Ecobee sensors, button pushes from both SmartThings buttons and Inovelli scene switches, mode and time of day ranges. I coded these rules into Rule Machine 4.0 from rules I used to have in WebCore.

1 Like

if you go to the rooms manager app then click next and then done to save the settings does this error still happen afterwards?

is the rooms vacation child app code installed and published?

if you go to the rooms manager app then click next and then done to save the settings does this error still happen afterwards?

I didn't have the Vaction Child app installed. The instructions from the top for Hubitat doesn't say to install the Vacation child. I just figured I would need it from my ST days and the error messages went away.

1 Like

yeah it was a later addition … think i may not have updated the main post to include it.

edit: actually just checked the main post … rooms vacation app is listed there.

I’ve been using RM for a year or so now and it’s brilliant at automating my house. I moved from SmartThings to Hubitat for the local execution which makes everything much quicker to respond. One thing I miss is the ability to call routines (rules engine?) or webCoRE pistons, they just don’t work from RM on Hubitat. Is this something that’s an issue for me or a limitation in Hubitat?

HE has a built in rule engine called Rule Machine, which is what most people mean when they say RM. I think you can also host an instance of webCORE natively on the hub, but I have never done it as I was not a ST convert.

Sorry, I used the abbreviation RM for Room Manager. And yes, I have webCoRE installed, but pistons don’t show up in the piston list in a Room Manager rule.

Thanks, I couldn't get it to work, so in the end worked around it by using locked mode and rule machine. Which does the job, just not as neat.

I get the following error when I have a Room rule which sets the Light level to AutoLight in the "SWITCHES TO TURN ON AND OFF" section:

org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object 'null' with class 'null' to class 'int'. Try 'java.lang.Integer' instead on line 4938 (motionActiveEventHandler)

I think it may be because I'm only interested in having it set the level automatically depending on the luminance, and don't need the wake/sleep functionality as it's a stairwell, so in the AL level settings I have all to toggles to off, see screenshot:

This is a great app. Is it still being maintained? I am getting a bunch of errors and wrong behavior starting about a month ago. Below is one of the errors from the app.

app:1192021-04-02 02:02:56.095 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: java.lang.Exception: Unable to aquire lock to schedule run once for scheduled (runEvery5)