Room Lighting not adhering to Time Period

Like the subject says; my log shows the Hallway lighting running "Night" instead of "Overnight"

Am I using this incorrectly? It seems to work this way in my other instances.

1 Like

Are you trying to get it to NOT turn on for overnight and day? If that's the case I would just uncheck the "ACT" box for those two, and leave the Switch set to ON. Doing that, if someone does turn it on manually, the RL could still deactivate it when motion goes inactive so it doesn't run all day/night.

Possibly the way you have it setup is confusing the logic of the app.

See if that helps and report back :slight_smile:

I tried as you suggested, unclicking ACT, and the lights still activate in the OVERNIGHT time period, and logs report after 11PM as NIGHT. As before they correctly do not activate in the daytime light period.

This is an issue with the hub using the correct time period. After 11PM should be OVERNIGHT, not NIGHT. Am I using time periods incorrectly?

It looks correct. Have you tried looking at the RL during the overnight period on the main page to see which period it thinks it is in?

You can also press the gear in the top right and go to the bottom, look at the schedule jobs. See if that looks right.

I think there may be a bug with the time logic. I changed my OVERNIGHT time period from 12:00AM to 12:01AM and it is now working as expected. 12:00AM does not seem to be recognized and the program skips over the time period.

1 Like

It looks .121 may help with the issue I was having:

• Fixed Wait timeout mistakenly cancelled at midnight when Required Expression involves sunset/sunrise.

Thats a fix for RM not Modes or Room Lighting.

I see, you are correct thank you.
They should take a look at this because it seems like a very similar situation also affecting Room Lighting.

You screenshot up above shows you had it set for 11 PM? After that at some point you changed to 12AM which then caused further problems? Post a screenshot of the current setup.

This screenshot is how I have it now, and it's working. Moving from 11 to Midnight didn't fix anything, (and tbh I forgot about that until you reminded me). But still true as shown in the logs, 11 and midnight were still activating the wrong time period, which is strange. As soon as I changed to 12:01AM it works correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.