Room Lighting: Help! Lighting Periods are not triggering?

Hello!

I am only a few days into Hubitat... coming from Wink. I am so happy to be here!
I was hoping someone could help me with an issue I am running into with 'Room Lighting'

My goal is to take two lifx bulbs, and change their color/brightness based on my MODES

• I set all my modes in mode manager, with specific times
  • I set up lighting periods for the relevant modes (sleepy time, overnight, morning, etc)

do i need to 'activate' these lighting periods? or does that happen automagically.
it was not triggering at the specified times, so i attempted to use 'means to activate lights' by specifying when those modes become active, to trigger (seems redundant no?)

either way, that did not update the colors. any help would be welcome!

david

thanks!

Go into Means to turn on and select options. Under additional options, there should be a dropdown box. Select the option “adjust lights on mode changes.” This will adjust the lights to the new device table as the mode changes.

2 Likes

Thank you for the tip (and quick response) how could I miss that!!!

So i keep things clean, did I also need to do what i set up above?
'under 'select means to activate' > Mode Becomes [Day, Evening, Kids Sleepytime,...]
or can i disable that?

You do not need those Means to Activate unless it is desired for Room Lighting to possibly turn on every time their is a mode change. The updated option will shift the lights to the Mode settings assuming that Room Lighting is Activated. If Room Lighting is not Activated, the lights will either stay off or not shift.