Room Lighting entities can't be edited if the room is renamed (?)

I think I discovered a (minor?) bug in the Room Lighting app (I'm running Platform Version 2.3.4.130)

I renamed a room in the ROOMS tab, and that seem to make any Room Lighting apps un-editable (although the automations still seemed to activate, so, just a UI/web issue?)

After renaming the room, I tried to edit the RL apps for that particular room, and got the error the error:

I'm guessing that the drop down for the "Rooms to Automate" pick fails if it can't find the room name any longer, hence the "Cannot get property ID from null object".

I was able to reproduce this by creating a room Lighting automation for my upstairs bath (that didn't have any other automations :wink: ), then renaming the room to "Second Floor Bath", and then when you try to edit the Room Lighting automation, it produces the error.

Ended up doing a work around of removing the RL automation using the "gear" icon, and then recreating it under the "new" room name. (In hind sight, I probably should have tried renaming the room BACK to what it was before. :man_facepalming: )

Anyone else seen these behavior before?

1 Like

I am seeing the same behavior. As soon as I renamed the room back to what it was before then I could open the RL app again.

Error message in the logs:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'id' on null object on line 92 (method mainPage)

If I export the JSON and change the room name and import it back then it works as well.

@bravenel Please fix this bug

1 Like

I will look into it. Yeah, it's definitely not handling that properly.

This will be fixed in an upcoming release.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.