Room Awareness with Sonos One for Voice Control (Alexa or Google Assistant)

I have a Global Cache IP2IR box when sending IR commands to my AT&T TV streaming box. In the past I would create individual virtual switches for each channel number entry. A little time consuming but it worked well. The problem I have is room awareness with Alexa for devices that share the same device name, it just doesn't work.. Google Assistant can handle the same device name if it is in the same room as the GH device. It's just too time consuming setting up all the virtual switches, so would like to explore a new way..

I'm aware of DialogFlow and various NLP integrations but they require invocation. I don't want to , say Hey Google, talk to my personal chef. I want to just say the command directly. I believe Google calls this Direct Actions, but they only expose this to approved integration partners.

I'm also aware of IFTTT, however IFTTT does not support intents/entities or the source voice control device for room awareness processing.

Oh, and I do not want to create different GH or Alexa accounts. Things start to break down..

Any ideas?

Living Room
Alexa, turn on ESPN
OR
Hey Google, turn on ESPN

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.