Roller shutters

Hi guys,

I am thinking of automating outdoor shades :joy:.
The goal is to have them managed in Homekit ecosystem, but so far I wasn’t able to find any viable solution.
Now, I am thinking of buying Vimar switches 19594.0 (to replace ordinary -> and connecting them via Hubitat C8 (zigbee protocol) to Homekit.
I had checked the list of devices that Hubitat supports and Vimar is not included.
Would it be possible to get the driver from this community? Does something similar already exists? Does anyone know a better way to takle this problem?
Why there are not more solutions to this problem. You can get smart valves, thermostats etc,.. but the main thing that is contributing to indoor temperature is left unsolved🧐.

Thank you for your support, much appreciated :crossed_fingers:.

Best,
Robert

Is it a DC Motor? This ZEN53 is not supported yet but I have one, I have not made the driver for it yet. Would not take long to make it.

As Vimar is an Italian IoT devices manufacturer, it may take some time until its products appear in the list of the officially supported products of a hub that is engineered in the US...

But you can try and if it is confirmed to work, you can add the Vimar Rolling shutter IoT connected mechanism - 19594.0 to the list of the devices that are verified to work by Hubitat community :

Quickly checking the information for this device that is available on the net shows that it uses the standard Zigbee Clusters to open/close/stop, so there is a very good chance that it will work with Hubitat standard drivers.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.