Roller Shutter Control Setup (Hurricane shutters)

Looking for advice. Own a FL condo that I have a C-7 working great at. Good zigbee and Zwave meshes. HOA has required new hurricane shutters and they are ready for install. The way the current switches work are that they are like rocker switches — you push them and they lock until the shutters are fully up — then you reset the switch to the center. Works the same way with putting them down. See pic:

I’d like to be able to control these (and of course monitor open /closed states) with my Hubitat, but also control them manually at the switch. I’m not exactly sure what switch I should ask the installers to put in there, so that it can be controlled remotely, and/or physically at the switch. I’ve also looks at these, but I don’t understand how they’d be used, and with what switches: qubino flush shutter and fibaro roller shutter 3.

I can do the wiring of the switches – I understand the electrical connections – but I’m not sure what I’m looking for. Can anybody help with what I should have put in switch wise and/or module wise so that these can be both controlled physically at the switch, and remotely via habitat? I would greatly appreciate it. TIA.

My expirience is with Fibaro Roller Shutter (FGR-223).
You can keep the current switch or change it to a momenary switch with up and down.
Down side to keeping the current switch is that the switch position not neccesarily reflects the shade position. Some peole dp not like it.
On the othert hand, using the momentary switch (up and down), case the FGR-223 does not work you'll to keep pushing until the shade has reached it's position.
I vote for the momentary switch.

1 Like

Thanks you. I’m a bit concerned with a box implant due to the size and metal boxes in the condo. But I could probably redo the box if necessary.