Robot vacs with camera and takes Amazon orders :)

Anyone looking forward to this now that Amazon is acquiring the Roomba manufacturer?
More data for Amazon, oh no...

1 Like

At least it should be able to order its own dustbags!

1 Like

Echo, Ring, now...

Makes me glad I have a Neato :+1:

1 Like

HeyWiretap

14 Likes

My Wyze robot vac has been great. Uses LIDAR and maps each room without running into stuff. Just checked and it has been going strong since April 2020.
It is one of many Wyze products I own.

1 Like

How do you think it would do with a decent amount of dog hair?? He had a eufy robot vac. and it was horrible.

It still feels like whoever you let into your browser history and similar data (voice assistant) is more likely to have you "sussed", rather than those that map your floor plan...

Here's the other one I keep in my files;

1 Like

I feel your frustration... If only from afar... Willingly feel likes the key word....

1 Like

Nevermind the iRobot makes robots for police and military use.

I'm sure all companies are open to "collaboration" for a fee...

1 Like

My Chihuahua sheds a lot. When I empty the dust bin it is full of dog hair. Looking at the floors after vacuuming, I don’t see much if any dog hair left.

1 Like

When I read 1984 in high school (in 1978), if Orwell had written that Winston not only had a telescreen in his house, but that he would have them in almost every room, and buy them himself, willingly, I'd have tossed the book in the trash as ridiculous nonsense. Unthinkable enough that the government installed them in every house. But here we are.

Still, the day Alexa comes on and tells me I'm not exercising hard enough, they all go in the trash.

When I tell others that they cannot stop cellphone tracking unless they remove the batteries they don't really care. Nor do they care that most vehicles built after 2014 have a 'black box' data recorder on board. But of all of the 'willing' exposures, the one that I cannot fathom is the use of texting & email to exchange private data.

I have a eufy and it works fine with dog hair. What it doesn't work well with are legos, nerf darts, random untied shoes, cat tails (on live cats), paper etc... I think in the entire time we've had it it's only managed to run it's full cycle once without getting caught on one of the above.

1 Like