RM5.1 'Manage Conditions' Anomaly Breaks Action Being Edited [C7 2.3.5.104]

I know staff monitors this Category, so hopefully it reaches the correct desk...

Twice today, while editing a rule in Rule Machine 5.1, I unexpectedly wound up with a "Broken Condition" situation, which appears repeatable as follows:

(a) In actions, copy and paste one or more duplicates of a Simple Conditional:
IF (variable X == val1) Set Other_Var to 'new_val1'
L► IF (variable X == val1) Set Other_Var to 'new_val1'
L► IF (variable X == val1) Set Other_Var to 'new_val1'

(b) Go into Manage Conditions, and select first instance listed under EDIT CONDITION:
variable X == val1

(c) Prior to completing edit, click CANCEL THIS CONDITION button (shown underlined in BLUE:

(d) Observe that this instance of Condition disappears from EDIT CONDITION drop-down, leaving only N-1 instances of the condition listed.

(e) Further, observe that original copy of Action now contains "Broken Condition" with no (obvious) way to recover, other than deleting and recreating Action:

This has me wondering whether the "CANCEL THIS CONDITION" button should actually be "CANCEL EDITING CONDITION" with a corresponding function more in line with how editing a regular Action item behaves?

This is a known issue, being looked at.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.