RM: Unable to change capability

@bravenel
I have just updated to 2.0.5 and went into a rule to change a capability from a switch to use a global variable instead. (Just playing :wink: )
I have noticed that i can no longer edit/delete a capabilty.
Here is a screenshot of the capabilities.
Is this intentional or a bug.

This was a deliberate change, it's designed to "encourage" users not to change conditions (often causes major issues) and instead re-build the rule if you need to change it. It' somewhat frustrating, but probably best. Personally, I'd prefer to see it enforced after selecting "done" instead of immediately after selection, but that's just my opinion.

1 Like

But doesn't that mean you could have, say, 7 capabilities defined but only 4 defined in a rule.
This means that if any of the 7 defined capabilities change then the rule will evaluate even though the capability isn't actually defined.
You could also end up with lots of capabilities defined if like me you are continually playing. :slight_smile:

There is a new version of RM in the works that will allow you to delete conditions. For now, if you mess up a condition, start over. Editing these leads to nasty problems at times.

1 Like

OK. Thanks for the response.
Can you delete or just close this thread to stop further comments?