RM Presence options

See, I would have voted for a Triggered Rule. For some reason, seeing the "RESTRICTED" on my apps screen just gives me the willies. All a matter of personal preference.

One of the last webCoRE pistons I want to move to Rule Machine controls when a "fake people at home" light turns off. In the summer I want it to turn off so many minutes after sunset but in the winter I want it to turn off around 9:30. I'm in the NE, so a few hours after sunset is only 5pm in the winter. So, I'm going to have to play with the Between Two Dates Restriction. Testing that that works correctly is going to be pain in the butt! I'm still not clear if the dates are inclusive or exclusive. I think only testing will be definitive.

1 Like

I have gone with the Trigger with Restriction and I will see how that goes. I am with @Ryan780 on the WC stuff. It has been interesting changing over pistons to RM. Learning alot though. I actually really like RM! Once you get your head around it! About 2 weeks ago I looked at it and thought OMG this is so confusing and went about bringing my pistons over from ST to HE. But then I decided to give it a try because I wanted to keep everything HE. I am very happy with how things are going so far. I have discovered though that when I group HUE lights, they are delayed when coming on with a Rule. Once I select the lights individually they come on almost instantly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.