RM not working with Conditions

Hi, I am having some trouble setting up RM with restrictions, the rule ruin fine but not by the restriction set, here is what I have setup.

IF (front door is unlocked by (code ***1, John; code ***2, Martinez)) THEN (Turn switch on, (Foyer, Hall, Master)) BUT (Time between Sunset-60 minutes and Sunrise)

Lights go on every time those user codes is punch in , no matter what time of the day or night.

Please advise.
Thank you.

What version are you running? Restrictions were retired a while ago.

Your time restriction should be part of your IF statement.

IF
Door unlocked etc. etc.
AND
Time between
THEN
Turn on lights.
END-IF

I run the RM 4.0, and I meant conditions, Sorry.

I sorry, I didn't find where to locate the (AND Time between) will that be a capability for new Event Trigger?

When you select action to run you then have various options.
Select conditional actions.
Then IF THEN
This is where you can build your conditions/expressions.

If you are new to HE I would suggest you read the RM4.0 documentation to get some good ideas.

Got done, Thank you very much.

1 Like

Wait, there's a BUT in RM?

You cannot trigger based on a time between two points. You can only have a trigger at a specific point in time. Triggers are events. The time being 9pm is a tigger. The time being between 9 and 10 pm is a condition. So, if you want to have a rule do something at 9pm and 10pm, you have to triggger it at both time. So, if you want a light to turn on at the start of a range and off at the end, you have to trigger at the beginning and end of the range and then have a condition of time between those two points. Otherwise the rule will not work how you intend.

Got it working
Thank you all

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.