RM:Feature Request. Random Delay between x and y minutes

Would it be possible to introduce a feature to allow for a random Delay between, as an example, between 15 and 30 minutes.
Currently when you insert a figure in the delay field, the screen updates to allow for random delay. This means if you select this feature and input 30 minutes the random delay will be between 0 and 30 minutes.
Would it be possible to have on the new screen an option to select a random display between 2 numbers.
e. g. random Delay between 17 and 34 minutes.
Presently I have to have a second rule to do this.
Thanks for listening BTW.

Second that! Would make things a LOT easier.

Ah yes, but rules are free. I sort of want to avoid this:

Okay...then can we get some type of Child/Parent Relationship or Grouping for organization? I have 80 rules now. It's getting hard to keep everything organized. If you could assign rules with a tag even and then group them in the list by ones with the same tag....that would work. Doesn't have to be fancy shmancy.

BTW, if you are turning lights on/off this is possible with a single rule. You randomly delay the rule, and then for a fixed period delay the on/off. Same net result.

You can do this precise thing with rule naming convention. The "tag" would be the first part of the name.

Yeah...and if I'd been psychic when I started setting them up, I would have known to do that. Unfortunately, I left my psychic abilities in my other pants. Sorry for asking. Won't happen again.

You can rename your rules if you want.

The ask about ordering things in the UI has nothing specifically to do with Rule Machine, and would entail a major new UI effort. We don't see that as a pressing priority. Ask all you want, I'm just giving honest answers.

I've had a rummage round and cannot seem to find how to do this.
If you don't mind, can you be more specific.

This results in a delayed off from between 10 and 20 minutes.

Ah. Gotcha. I was looking in completely the wrong place.
It's easy when you know how. :wink:
Thanks.

EDIT: Just set up a test rule and in fact its very easy when you know how.
Thanks again.

EDIT 2: Works just as I want it to. I'm a happy bunny again. :smile: