RM and Yale Door Lock Z-wave

Hello All,

Need a little help with RM. I have a Yale z-wave lock and I want to set up disarming when correct door lock codes are entered and sending off an alarm when incorrect codes are entered. This also allows you to know if the lock has been tampered with.

I managed with the disarming with correct codes but the sending off the alarm with incorrect codes is problematic. The reason is that there does not seem to be an easy way to tell the hub what an 'incorrect code' is. I have tried the 'NOT' expression with no luck, been working on it for two days now with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Caribman

Easy way may be to create a virtual contact sensor, add it to HSM, and "open" it when an invalid code is received.

Thanks thebearmay. Any advice on creating a virtual switch and also would HSM allow me to program valid and invalid codes?

Ok, I figured out creating the virtual switch, never did that before. Again my issue is, both in HSM and in RM, how to define a valid code or invalid code. I tried the 'NOT' expression as a trigger in RM but I just cant seem to get it to work.

Any more help would be useful.

Regards,

David

Not where I can test at the moment, but I seem to recall that an unknown code event or unsuccessful attempt event of some type gets logged. May want to try entering an invalid code and then check the lock's event log to see what it is exactly.

Will check tonight and let you know.

1 Like

I checked and I did not see an unknown event code.

Any other suggestions?

My 2 Yale YRD-256s (both have a zigbee module - not sure if that makes a difference or not) do not send an event for code entry attempts - just lock/unlock events only. It will specify which code was used for keypad unlock, but if an invalid code is entered, no event is sent.

If yours are like mine, I don't see a way to capture an invalid code.

3 Likes

Yes, the zwave module works just like the zigbee module, no event code for entry attempts. Unfortunate that this lock cant be used in that way, I see so much functionality.