RM 4 Possible Bug with Lock Code Trigger

Sorry been on business travel... While live logging is open, I can view the events:

I have both a 3.0 and a 4.0 rule and neither are working for me. I have logging turned on for both rules and as shown above no logging from the rule at all.

I meant the Events from the Device page. But, it's been some time since you posted before, and you covered up the name of the code. Send by PM if you want. Not enough context to tell what's happening. What I can tell you is that this works fine for me in testing. That makes me suspect the lock itself may not be sending the code properly. What driver is in use?

My zigbee and zwave are split across 2 different hubs and neither work. I have both a Schlage Zigbee and BE468 using the stock Schlage BE468 driver and the Generic Zigbee Lock driver. The zigbee one is the main concern as the Schlage isn't used that often but I did try it to rule out the lock.

On the device events, I just have lock and unlock events and it doesn't specify the user which unlocked it. Should those appear like they do in live logging?

OK, just ran a simple test, rule 4.0:

With encryption set to off in the lock driver, the rule worked as expected:

I ran the same test again after enabling lock code encryption in the driver, the rule ran as expected again:

The lock in question is a Yale Zigbee model:YRL220 TS LL using the stock Zigbee driver.

So a question for the two of you, The lock rule and the lock are running on the same hub correct?

@bravenel

I finally had time to test the issue I initially reported above on the newest release and verified it's working now on RM 4.0.

1 Like

@mike.maxwell Yes lock and rule are running on the same hub.

I am using the Generic Zigbee Lock driver. The Schlage fingerprint isn't contained in this driver as it originally paired as a device and I had to change it to this driver. I clicked configure once changed. I have both a zwave version and a zigbee version.

Via logging I can see that certain codes were entered to unlock the lock, but no events are ever created for it in the device events list:

When I compare this to my Schlage Zwave lock, it is entering events:

Is this the cause of the rule not firing? I asked a few owners of this same Schlage lock if events are logged for specific lock codes in this thread:

Yes, that's the reason.
I'll have a look at the other thread.

@bravenel tagging you so you know the answer to my issue with the rule not firing when I unlock my Zigbee lock by certain codes.

@mike.maxwell Thank you! If you need the fingerprint of this lock to add to the driver, I am happy to provide that. I can even pair it to my dev hub temporarily so I get the full details if need be.

Could this driver be updated so that unlock by code events are logged? I would like to automate things based on who unlocks the lock. I am happy to gather any logs or test things for you so let me know how I can help. Thanks!

I may or may not be able to fix this without one of these locks in hand, I need to have a look at the code first...

Given the lock joined and selected Device as its driver, did you click configure in the Lock driver after switching it?

Yes I did click configure. FWIW in the hub logs the code used is logged:

Maybe it is something simple like ensuring a device event is captured?

The only thing I see that's perhaps not correct being we're sending two unlock events it seems, the first with no user info, the second with the correct info, whilst this isn't quite correct it should still work...
If you could enable debug logging in the driver, the unlock it with one of the codes, then PM me the live log results, then maybe it is something simple...

@mike.maxwell done! Thanks.

1 Like

Has there been any progress on this issue, I have a couple of Kwikset 914 Zigbee units that the lock code events were triggering RM rules fine, but no longer are, the logging shows both the unlock and the unlock by xx but the device event log isn't showing a user at all and the RM rule isn't triggering.

1 Like

@mike.maxwell Were you able to determine the issue? I am have a dev hub and happy to temporarily pair the lock to that hub and load beta/test firmware to help you with this issue. Please let me know how I can help.

We may have to do that as the only zigbee locks I have on hand are Yale, and they will now have a dedicated driver in 2.1.4

Just don't break it for the rest of us... My kwikset 914 and my two 916 all are working perfectly with the zigbee modules. They report user codes when unlocked as expected, and I don't get any duplicate events in the event list.

It might be something device-specific in his install.

That's exactly why I spun up drivers just for Yale, you're seeing the trend no?

1 Like

Cool, let me know how I can help.

I'm chiming in here. Having the same problem as others. Old rules that worked stopped. Just did on site testing and confirmed.

This from the event log from the device:

The rule:

The events from the rule:

Lock is a Yale YRD210(zigbee). Using new driver. Lock is on different hub than rule. Using HubConnect. All screenshots above are from "Control" hub. NOT Hub that lock is connected to. So not sure if this is a HubConnect issue or HE issue. But having same issues as others. This WAS working and then stopped. Can not pinpoint when. But I used to get notfications (different rule). But then realized I was not. Created dedicated rule for testing as shown above.

Oh come on! It can't be the "same issue as others" with HubConnect and two hubs. You're going to have to show a lot more logging and context to determine where this failure is. You should put this rule on the hub with the lock for testing, and determine if it works there or not.