Ring keypad v2 with HSM?

I've seen a few topics about getting this keypad to work seamlessly with HSM on my HE.

I've set a "code" for me in the key manager and updated so that if the mode changes on the keypad it will reflect the same.mode in HSM. But I'm unable to get the keypad and HSM to talk with regards to arming or disarming active triggers with my code, or changing from disarmed to home or away (and visa versa).

Wish this was more plug and play. :sob:

Please answer a few questions.

1. What driver are you using for the keypad?
  2. What did you do to integrate it with HSM? Did you just set it up as a keypad in HSM?
  3. When you press buttons on the Keypad do you see anything in the logs?
  4. Did you pair it with Smartstart and S2 Security?

The most common issue with getting the keypad setup seem to be a partial pairing. This generally gets represented by on way communication.

I have the ring keypad v2 driver selected.

I have the keypad changed in the HSM options.

Don't really see anything in the logs when I hit buttons.

No clue what smartstart and s2 security are.

I followed the video https://youtu.be/Sf-Fldjb0to to add smartstart. Started working then it stopped.

Can you click on settings on the right of the UI and then click on Z Wave Details. Take some screen shots of the screen that shows up and post them here.

If you have a button across the top that show Update Firmware, wait 5 min, click on that and let it complete. It can take up to 15 min to complete. This update can resolve some issues.

How far away is it from the Hub? How long has it been connected? Go ahead and click on that "Firmware update" button so you can get that out of the way and remove that as a potential issue.

Not many zwave devices. are the others repeaters.

7 feet from the hub to the device. I don't own many zwave devices, more ZigBee.

in the driver what happens if you click on the button in the UI to arm it or disarm it. Does anything happen.

You may want to exclude it and then factory reset the keypad, and then include it again.

I just did that exclude and factory reset. If I hit the arm home or whatever buttons on the device profile it'll reflect it with the keypad but doesn't reflect to the HSM. I have a trigger rule setup to change the HSM status if the keypad status changes, but I have it paused currently.

Still nothing happening. It worked for like 3 minutes then stopped after I added it to smartstart the first time.

Now if I set the alarm in HSM it'll say it on the keypad, but still can't access any buttons on the keypad. If I change alarm mode inside the keypad it'll just change the keypad and not HSM status.

Apologies if this is a stupid clarification but to get the keypad to arm HSM I'm pretty sure you have to manually load a 4-digit keycode into the keypad from the driver. Once the code is loaded into the keypad you have to punch in the 4 digit code plus press the correct arming or disarming button to get it to send the correct command to HSM. Just pressing the arm button without the keycode doesn't do anything with the stock driver. (There's a community driver that behaves differently.)

I also recall with HSM (it has been a while so this may no longer be valid) but I had to have at least one sensor connected to HSM before it would work as I expected.

Yeah it's as if the keypad isn't even processing my pushing. It sounds and acts totally different than the little bit it was working correctly.

You hit the desired mode then the key# code.

My experience is the opposite. You hit the key#code and then press the desired mode. I just checked and I am using the community driver rather than the stock driver but pretty sure it works the same.

That is also driver dependent. The community driver has a option to arm just by pushing the mode button. The keypad though should report button presses though as they are pressed.

You may want to try the community driver and then flip the flag to disable the motion sensor. Another user reported that helped with the keypad locking up the keypad after a short time.

I've been trying to find the GitHub for it but am not able to find it. Attempt3d to install package installer thing and it's not working. :rage:

Still nothing. I'm stumped man. Idk why it's just not working :rage::rage::rage:

try to exclude it. Do a factor reset by holding the button in the back down for 20 seconds. then add it back and immediately turnoff the proximity sensor once it is added.

I excluded it and factory reset it a few times yesterday. I just got home from work, so I'll work on it later today. I already excluded it and reset it have it sitting unplugged ATM.

Yeah I'm done with this. I'm returning this back. I only got it to work for like 3 minutes.