Ring Floodlight Pro Cameras

I’m using the Ring Virtual Light with Siren driver and it works for me. I press « on », it takes a few seconds and the light turns on and shows as « on » on the device screen. Off, same.

Do you have the latest Ring Alarm Hub? I have the previous version, so am wondering if that might be the difference…?

Do you have polling? I have the Pro version of the Floodlights, they aren't communicating their off status properly for some reason.

I have a pro also, and it updates status when I turn it on and off. So not seeing the issue you are.

I just removed them as devices and re-discovered them and now they don't even have the switch attribute. Is there a way to repair the driver?

I've never had to play around with mine so I really have no idea how to deal with the issue you noted.

I suggest you go to the original Unofficial Ring topic and ask your question there, as that's where the integration maintainer and other Ring users hang out.

2 Likes

Same for me. It has just always worked.

Yeah, it's weird. The on and off button work, but if I try to use it as a switch in the dashboard it won't update the switch's status. I'm guessing because the light isn't returning an on or off attribute.

Below is a snapshot of it one camera.

I was able to get it to work with RM though, so I guess it's fine for now. I had to create a global variable as a boolean and then make sure that's either turned to true or false based on the action.

I'm sure there's something wrong with the driver, even after I re-installed it. But... not going to waste anymore time on it for now. haha

It sucks that the attribute is missing because I can't check if the light is turned on from the Ring app. I'll need to mess around with it a bit more to see if there's an easier solution.

1 Like

Yea, that does suck - and is odd. Mine does report back its status.