Ring Alarm integration

Anyone taking this up yet?

Standing by to test :slight_smile:

Rick

I am in the process of transitioning from Wink (read I have my hub in hand and nothing else). I have a ring alarm and if this hasn’t been picked up by the time I have transitioned all my stuff which I won’t get done before the end of August likely I will at that point evaluate if I have enough expertise to work on this.

1 Like

Not sure exactly what level of integration you are looking for but Alexa just released the Ring sensor devices as available. I believe you can have Alexa routine, triggered by Ring door sensor, drive a virtual switch in Hubitat. Only tried Door sensor triggering Alexa routine and it works.

1 Like

Really that's all I am looking for

For some reason none of my sensors show Up. Using a virtual device isn’t ideal but would 100% satisfy my Hubitat support.

I had to go to Alexa and run discovery. My two contact sensors and the motion then showed up in devices. Then you can go to routines and start a routine, then trigger on devices. Should show as available.

Rich

I assume these devices are not connected to the Ring base station, correct?

I would like to control armimg/disarming via HE
Rick

No, they are connected to base hub. No changes in Ring functionality.

Of course you can arm Ring with Alexa.

Thanks Rich

Yes I have been using Alexa to arm/disarm Ring for a while

Wasn't aware the Ring sensors showed up in Alexa. I'll have to play with that

Rick

After unlinking and setting up the Alexa and ring integration again the sensors showed up. For anyone having issues seeing the devices just remove the ring alarm from Alexa to kick off the process.

Is there a way to sync Ring Alarm and HE modes?

Not yet, just waiting from some smart developer to come along and take up the cause

:slight_smile:
Rick

There’s a homebridge plugin that works for HomeKit perfectly. Can someone reverse engineer that?

I’ve been using it in between smartthings SHM and Ring using virtual switches. Would be nice to eliminate so many bridges though. I’m still seeing if I want to switch from smartthings. Still testing things out. Not looking good so far. Too much work for little gain.

+1 for Ring Alarm integration.

Anyone willing to earn some cash working with this? Or maybe just a challenge?

Websockets is not a challenge for some here....

main-qimg-4b5e3ee3576a4e19e578f1d97bad7e48

I will offer up a solid, "Atta Boy" to anyone that creates the integration :laughing:

1 Like

In my humble opinion, this is something that Hubitat Support should take up due to the overwhelming market presence of Ring equipment. It's just a smart move to have a solid integration with one of the "leading" players in the Home Automation field.

1 Like

You can ask and dream. Nothing more.

Makes sense to me for Hubitat to wait, as there are a lot of changes going on with those integrations as they merge three companies into the fold at once (Ring, Mr. Beams and Blink)