Ring Alarm integration

You can ask and dream. Nothing more.

Makes sense to me for Hubitat to wait, as there are a lot of changes going on with those integrations as they merge three companies into the fold at once (Ring, Mr. Beams and Blink)

Not sure if anyone's interested but I use the Ring contact door/window sensors with Hubitat (without the Ring system) as they were cheap. I had to take the Z-wave contact sensor code and customise it slightly though, otherwise the contact sensors would stick (e.g. they'd just go on), though the changes I made didn't seem unreasonable I also know the unmodified code works with other sensors, so I'm not sure what the whole deal is.

1 Like

@electric_monk I am interested in this... how did you go about getting this to work ? I have the device attached to my hub. I am seeing the open condition ,but does not reset back to the closed once the door is closed. Any help is appreciated!

@Rylannic That's exactly the behaviour I also saw/fixed.

I've posted my little driver to hubitat/RingContact.groovy at master · electric-monk/hubitat · GitHub

It seemed like the "built in" driver just wasn't handling the "turn off" case, which works slightly differently to the "turn on" case, so I just implemented it myself.

2 Likes

I've been sitting on this a really long time. I'm just finally getting around to a formalized testing period and release. Here is a native integration that uses the websocket client (and doesn't require an AWS instance because that is lame) and private API calls.

Where is my "Atta Boy"?

@Rylannic, @electric_monk Have either of you been able to get the keypad to pair? I was dorking around with an extra one a couple of days ago. I can get it to pair to SmartThings without any problems. It does not want to pair to Hubitat though.

You are awarded this day, November 11, 2019 for your service to the Hubitat Community

3 Likes

That's what I'm talking about. THANK YOU. I'd like to take a moment and thank all of the little people who helped me get.............. [trailing off]

3 Likes

Ring alarm ordered. Hope I don't have to issue an "awshit" :wink:

1 Like

As long as you read my disclaimers...

1 Like

I did, but didn't click "Agree" :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

LOL! Can I turn this into a Canada thing?

'You frickin' Canadians.'

You’ll need a Canadian. I live here, but I’m American :wink:

2 Likes

An AmeriCanadian. The worst kind. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nope. Just an American living abroad. :wink:

I'm getting this error when I import the "Ring API Virtual Device" code:

"Metadata Error:Please check if you inadvertently pasted driver code into apps code window on line 26"

This means that you pasted the code into the Apps section. The "Ring API Virtual Device" is a driver, so you must exit from that window, go to the Drivers section and paste it there, then it will save.

D'oh! That did the trick. Thanks!

1 Like