RGBgenie Driver

@Gnant That is too bad. I think the 5001 would have been a preferred choice for the majority of people IMO.

2 Likes

I also still use some 20 years old X10 tabletop controllers in one room and I can't find any decent Zigbee or ZWave to replace them, it's sad! I use them for controlling and dimming 4 lights. I have high hopes that the RGBGenie remotes can finally be what I need to replace those old X10 controllers and I'm waiting for the Hubitat support...

@Gnant, what ETA are we looking at for those ZB-5004 with Hubitat support?

I thought all the zigbee drivers were done

I have used x10 with heyu for the last decade. Spent a lot of time making it reliable. I have a 2 year old and no more time to make it stay reliable. I just gutted the system and went with hubitat, ineovelli reds and a few zigbee outlets and fan controlers. I still have the palm pads running with heyu on a raspi and they just send a cURL over to the maker api. I am always interested to see how others are making x10 work!

I got this thing to pair really quickly but then afterwards it wasn't showing any buttons I pressed in the logs. I tried removing and re-adding it but after removing it from hubitat I can't get it to pair again. I can't even tell if I'm factory resetting it correctly - I hold down the power button until the red light turns solid, then press it 5 times quickly, but it doesn't flash 3 times as the manual says it should. Going through the normal pair process doesn't work again. Oddly if I just press the power button to turn it on and then move my finger around the color wheel, the light very rapidly flashes as if it's transmitting something, but nothing happens.

Has anybody been able to get this to factory reset correctly?

That's interesting, I didn't know you could connect X10 to Hubitat that way. I used to have my whole house with X10 but now just one room is left with X10 and the rest with Hubitat and Zigbee/Z-Wave devices. I'm not in need to have that one room connected to Hubitat and so it's just stayed like that through the years since those tabletop controllers (MC460) and modules work just fine for what I need in that room. But they sure are getting old and they don't look prettier with time...

The 5004 was never completed as the firmware required an update in order to receive the configuration commands. The driver for this remote is in beta and expected to release in 2.2.0 pending RGBgenie receipt of devices with the new firmware.

1 Like

I know the world is under quarantine and that has delayed almksr everything . Any estimated timelines on these new devices?

1 Like

Hi, I'm keen for an update on this too, any news?

@Gnant and anyone playing with the RGBgenie Zigbee drivers......

I love RGBgenie products and the zigbee ones have the benefit of having built-in Hubitat officially supported drivers. However, I'm struggling to get the 3-zone in-wall color touch panel & dimmer to work all the way. I believe I have the ZB-3007 since that's what it says on the website (see picture below), but I'm not 100% sure of the model because when the device paired, the driver says ZB-3027. Maybe these are synonyms? I definitely have the version without the "S" scene buttons along the bottom, just the 1, 2, 3 zone buttons.

Anyway, I have it configured with the Mirror Me app to control three RGBW devices, one for each of the three zones. If I set a state from the wall by physically pressing the RGBgenie buttons, everything behaves as expected. All good.

On the other hand, if I make selections (e.g., choose a color) from the device details screen of the RGBgenie child device, nothing happens. Nothing even shows up in the logs either. Anyone know if this is expected? Does the Mirror Me app prevent direct manipulation of the master device? Is this a feature of the driver?

The parent device is using the official RGBgenie Controller ZB-3027 driver. When the children devices were created automatically during pairing, they had a device driver of Generic Component RGBW, which I didn't mess with. I did notice that the container seemed a bit off--see the picture below. Note how the DNIs all seem to be one row misplaced. Wonder if this is a symptom of some underlying problem.

I have two copies of the device--and I get identical behavior on each. I have factory reset and re-paired both devices -- same thing happens.

I'm perplexed. Unless this is just how it's supposed to be? It's not the end of the world either way--I can just go into the device details screen of the device being controlled rather than the RGBgenie devices--having a hard time letting this one go. :roll_eyes:

All of the commands available in the drivers children have no effect and are intentionally disabled. The device itself does not accept commands, this is intentional to prevent the device and it's state in Hubitat from becoming out of sync.

1 Like

Ah, that explains it. Thanks Mike. I don't really understand why manipulating this device from the driver would lead things to getting out of sync (whereas it's not a problem for any other device), but whatevs I suppose.

it stores its own internal state for several of the commands that are only changed by actuating the panel...
they cannot be set via commands as you would normally manipulate an actuator.

1 Like

Gotcha -- thanks Mike

@bcopeland I saw that the ZB-5001 was listed in the new devices being covered in the latest release of HE. I have a ZB-5001 so I tried to include it. Unfortunately it was not even recognized. It is one of the first ones sold so with that does it need to be replaced or do I need to buy a more recent one?

Did you try switching to thay driver?

@bcopeland Ok, found manual and reset the remote. I chose the RGBGenie Button Controller and it finally showed button pushes from 1-10. Ex. zone 1 uses 1 and 2, zone 2 uses 3 and 4, etc.

Does this seem correct to you?

BTW, the manual says the battery is a CR2430. Not correct, it is too large. I used a CR2032 and it works fine.

1 Like

Sounds about right..

Great. Thanks. Works perfect BTW in ABC!

1 Like