RGBgenie Controllers

So who here has RGBgenie Controllers for RGB strips? Before the drivers were crap so I returned the devices, but now looking to try them again since they have new drivers, but wanted to see how they are for others.

I plan on powering 24v 2x 45ft strips. (Yes 45ft will work if I put power to the end also.) I wanted a 90ft run for around my pool so half going one way and half going the other.

Also how is the heat coming off them? I plan on using it outside in a housing to protect it along with the power supply.

Z-Wave or Zigbee?

Also how do the touch panel controllers work, do they pair to HE or to the controllers directly? And anyone have experience with them? I would like to put one outside for the pool lights inside a box to protect it from weather.

1 Like

The zigbee ones can do either. They support TouchLink or commissioning through a controller.

I wouldn't think there would be much heat coming off the controller since it's not producing any of the power. The only controller they have with a built in power supply is for 24v LEDs.

I don't know if I would do that. I would use one of the remote version instead, so you can bring it inside personally. The panels need 120vAC, so you could only put one where you have an outside outlet.

The new drivers are awesome.. If I do say myself :wink:

2 Likes

The zwave touch panel drivers do both direct and hub control.. And even both at the same time you can mix and match associations and hub control on the same zone

1 Like

This is great news., The touch controller i would run power to, its easy enough for where I want to put it. Got my pool power panel right near where I want to put it and my other lights and there is a free breaker spot so I would be all set for that.

But I might look into the remote version also.

Guess what I just ordered on amazon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I'm using the 2-ID Gledopto RGBCCT (6-wire) ones. They work great with a Hue hub.