RGB Genie, Sylvania lights/ strips, Lightify gateway

What I want as an end result is to be able to turn light strips off/on cycle through colors, cycle trough scenes.

RGB Button connects to Hubitat OK but only light on/off is working (using 5122 driver)

tried connecting button direct to lightify gateway but not recognized.
tried to direct connect to lights but won't connect.

Ideas???

Commands

Configure

configure

Off

off

On

on

Set Color

setColor

Set Color Temperature

setColorTemperature

Set Hue

setHue

Set Level

setLevel

Set Saturation

setSaturation

Current States

• colorMode : RGB
  • colorTemperature : 6451
  • held : 5
  • hue : 70
  • numberOfButtons : 2
  • pushed : 4
  • released : 5
  • switch : on

State Variables

Preferences

it does however link to Cree bulb (accidentally) and works fine although it removes it from HE. PITA to reset again but it does work for on/off

seems to work with Cree bulbs and Gilderwel light strip but not Sylvania lights...

Any idea on how to make work?
Also seems when paired with button loses pairing with HE.

Bill

Hi Bill, I don't believe you can directly pair that remote(5122?) with sylvania strips. There is a specific LED device powersupply made by RGB genie that the remote is for. I believe if you had the RGBgenie LED powersupply , then it would work.

You could pair the sylvania LED strips to HE and then use rule machine to change colors and dim based on button presses, assuming the remote paired to HE is properly connected and sending the button presses.
I do not see that remote on the compatible devices list, did you check there?

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=List_of_Compatible_Devices

Hi Rxich,
thanks for the reply. the model is listed but when i add it to HE it will disconnect after 20 or so seconds and go back to being unpaired.

this button is less than inspiring.

The sylvanias will pair directly to Hubitat. You don't need the bridge. But you will need to reset the strips to get them to connect. Sylvania is dropping support, so your gateway will brick and become useless whenever that gets wrapped up. Cree bulbs are not recommended due to repeating issues. You should search both out in the community here. There are known issues with both. I have sylvania lightify strips and love them, but they're not connected to the main hub. I have them connected to a second hub because of stability issues. If you have a c7, I am unsure of how well they integrate as I have c4 hubs.

Thanks for the reply
I was hoping to benefit from the preset scenes in Lightify app
I was able to add osram gateway and link to HE so end of services not issue
If thereโ€™s another way to have scenes like color wheel random cycles Iโ€™d do it...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.