Revisit....error monitor?

Has anyone tried to do this again? I think it would be a great thing to have to make things more "self sustaining".

What do you mean?

An error in logs as a trigger for an automation.

Ah, and it that were to throw an error you'd be in a fine mess indeed. This is not on our list of desirable features.

If you get an error, you should deal with it. If in a built-in app or driver, bring it to our attention here. If in a user app or driver, bring it to the author's attention.

5 Likes

I do this via NodeRed listening to the HE websockets and inserting rows into a MariaDB on my NAS. Then every 12 hours I get a push notification letting me know if there are any errors.

2 Likes

Hmmm I may have to check this out.

1 Like

This setup also allows me to monitor devices to ensure they remain active since battery monitoring is terrible. The 12 hour push notification also tells me if a monitored device hasn’t reported in X hours along with any hub errors.

1 Like

I'll have Log Watchdog back up and running this weekend. I miss it too. The only way to "deal with it" is to know that it's there! :grin:

3 Likes

I agree. If I'm not having a specific/obvious problem, I don't spend a lot of time looking at the logs.

But that doesn't mean there aren't occasional errors that I would like to know about.

4 Likes

Simple error monitor...

2 Likes