Review / perspective on C8 pro

100% same here.

Are you saying the conversation hasn't kept to the topic of talking about the C8 Pro? :wink:

2 Likes

I think commentary on the UI/UX is part of reviewing a device with UI.

2 Likes

I'm not too fussed either way in terms of the discussion.... But it does feel like the UI / UX issues or otherwise aren't something specific to the C8 Pro, that isn't really any different between models nowadays. Not to say conversation about the merits of the UI aren't worth having, just whether this is the right topic... Again, I'm not too much of a stickler for that stuff...

1 Like

True, however this is the OPā€™s first Hubitat hub.

2 Likes

its a thing that a lot of people have issues with.

3 Likes

Iā€™m totally with you! One of the reasons (bur of course not the only reason) why Iā€™m looking at Homey Pro as a replacer for my Hubitat C7 is Homeys much easier to use UI.

1 Like

just took a look.. i wouldnt call its flow cards advanced.. yes it may look pretty but i can guarantee you i can write much more complex rules in the hubitat interface.. light years faster than in the homey interface..

1 Like

For now . Habitat was limited if you compare today to when it first came out.

But the comment about going to another hub is what I'm getting at. If you don't advance people will leave.

Who says asus routers are crappy?

1 Like

You have to look at their Advanced flow when you compare because thatā€™s what youā€™re most likly to use if you have the new Homey Pro.

Itā€™s not that Hubitat canā€™t do as complex rules as Homey. It can do as complex things and maybe even more if you have the skills for it. Itā€™s about ease of use if youā€™re not a tech-guy. Homeys UI is also is avaliable in a lot of different languages since itā€™s made for the european market wich makes a big difference. It also supports more european brands/device than Hubitat does, and it supports 433 mhz and Bluetooth if you want to use those protocolls.
But all of those things are irrelevant here since we talk about UI and as you say your self; it looks prettier on Homey. And for many of us out there that means easier to use.

1 Like

I'm all for making the UI 'snappier'. From a marketing perspective, it's probably worth it. All the home automation players can do IFTTT type low complexity automation, so why not choose the best looking alternative? Yet when I look at more complex automations I see Hubitat as the easiest place for non-coders to implement complex logic, whether in 'configuring' Room Lighting or 'programming' Rule Machine.

2 Likes

I mean, even things like Webcore Pistons are proof that it can be made a bit more interactive.

1 Like

I was excited to upgrade to the C-8 only to be disappointed because if your using any ā€œiris by Lowes V1ā€ they will migrate over ā€œyesā€ but if you ever have to reinstall any of those devices you canā€™t reinstall them.
They donā€™t mention this fact until you purchased the C-8 and run into trouble.
Also, it stops communicating over the internet and the only way to get it to communicate over the internet again is to pull the plug wait a minute and plug it back in. I have several at different locations and on older and newer networks and both after several weeks stops communicating. The problem is you have to unplug it locally. You canā€™t reset it remotely.
So my experience is - Hubitat is unreliable and frustrating to use.

Welcome to the community, sorry you are having issues. I know that's not fun.

I've never seen this on my C-8, which I have had since introduction and which has been rock solid. Are your installations wired or, instead, WiFi? Mine is C-8 wired. Also, perhaps are there some devices on your network that are sending jumbo frames?

2 Likes

These havenā€™t been supported since the c7, so Iā€™m not sure why you are taking shots at the c8 Pro?

It was announced with the c8 that these were no longer supported and listed as such in the docs.

1 Like

This is indeed noted in the Compatibile Device List, but it should be noted that this is indeed a C-8 change (previous hubs use all the same Zigbee aside from internal antennas on the newer ones).

Iirc the Iris v1 uses a really old version of Zigbee which is why itā€™s not compatible with the c8 and c8 Pro.

Unfortunately your incorrect the C-7 supports V1 iris just fine. Not sure where your getting your information. Hubitatā€™s hubs looses its interface regularly with the internet and different locations on completely different networks.
This is why I hate posting on these blogs because I canā€™t voice my opinions with out being attacked.

I got my wires crossed and have already updated the post.