[RESOLVED] iOS App Notifications Sporadically Blank

Any update on the notification problems ? I’m still just getting “Hubitat” when new notifications arrive.

Thanks

1 Like

Sorry didn't mean to hijack. I had started another item on my additional issue here and didn't realize I wasn't on that thread.

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Our engineers are investigating the blank notification incident.

3 Likes

Anyone else having a problem with notifications today ? Was working perfectly yesterday but today my notifications are just showing “Hubitat”. Not all of them but I’d say 90+% of them.

Here is another thread where someone reported the same thing.

Updated to 2.2.3.119 last night, and now none of my notifications include the text from a notification rule. Just a blank notification from Hubitat. If I look in the app under last 20 notifications, they’re displayed correctly. I’m only using iOS devices, and none of them are receiving the user-supplied part of the text notification.

There are a few threads about this. In one they said removing and reinstalling app fixed it. I'm seeing this as well. I haven't tried it yet. YMMV

Thanks, I missed the other threads but now I’m finding them.

Hi, FYI i didn't update my hub and i'm getting blank notifications all of a sudden. I've not tried removing and reinstalling apps yet

1 Like

Same. Didn’t update. Blank notifications.

1 Like

I started getting this as well yesterday on 2.2.3.118. I upgraded this morning to .119 and I am still getting the blank notifications.

Sorry for the dumb question, but remove and reinstall what app? I am using RM to send these notifications.

The phone app.

What Bago said.

My notifications were working OK, but something changed. When I get a notification on my iPhone all it says is "Hubitat". I do not get a description of device and status like it use to do. I pulled up each app that includes a notification and clicked done, I have rebooted my C-5 hub and my iPhone. I still have the same issue. If I pull up the dashboard on my phone and punch tools-notifications it lists all the notifications with device and status like it is supposed to do. Any suggestions.

Noticed same this morning on IPhone
Running latest HE update as of two days ago.

Notifications via HEmail to SMS to old Windows phone working fine thanks to Eric's app. @erktrek :joy::joy::joy:

In all seriousness...
This actually is a great reminder NOT to get too lazy in relying on these notifications for serious alerts. I have been lackidasical on this setting up things that I really need local alert bell/horn/flashing light notification of if somebody cuts the broadband feed or it is otherwise down.

2 Likes

I reinstalled the phone app and it had no affect.

I just started getting blank notifications today as well. Probably best to just wait until the Hubitat engineers figure it out.

1 Like

Issue has been resolved. Users should no longer receive blank notifications on iOS. Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue.

6 Likes

@bobbyD looks good. Thank you!

2 Likes