Resolved: Device Discover Page Blank After Upgrade

The Discover Device page was working under build 2.0.8.113. I added a device yesterday and then noticed the notification for build 2.1.0.122 and upgraded. The initial restart did not boot correctly (stuck at "Initializing Hub: 65%") and I had to pull the power plug. After that, the hub booted correctly.

I wanted to add another device today and went to the Discover Device page. It was blank except for a white rectangle. I checked for updates and saw build 2.1.0.123, which I upgraded to. The Discover Device page is still blank.

The browser's developer console contains this message, but it appears on other pages as well and may not be relevant:

"Uncaught DOMException: Failed to construct 'CustomElement': The result must not have attributes"

Here is a screenshot:

I have one custom driver installed, but everything else is stock. How does one troubleshoot this?

I would contact support@hubitat.com. They should be able to troubleshoot with you directly about your specific problem.

Okay, thanks.

What browser are you using? Can you try a different browser? And what os / device?

@patrick, I am using the Brave browser (0.66.76) on MacOS. Chrome (74.0.3729.169) does the same thing.

You asked me to try a different browser and that helped. Safari and Firefox ask "What type of device do you want to discover?" as they are supposed to. I was able to click on the protocol that I wanted and pair the new device.

Would you mind sending me the the exact error in chrome, f12 or developer tools, in the javascript console. Chrome works fine for me and others. Don't know about Brave, it's not a supported / tested browser.

Feel free to post or PM me a screenshot of the exact error when you are on the discover page while developer tools are open and refresh just to make sure the error shows up before taking the screenshot.

@patrick, Brave is largely based off of Chrome but no explicit support for it is fine.

I disabled all of my browser extensions and the Hubitat interface loads correctly in Chrome. After playing with the extensions, it appears that the Fake Data browser plugin is the culprit today. When I disable that, the error in the developer console disappears and I can search for new devices (in both browsers).

If you are still interested, here is/was the console message:

I am certain that the Brave and Fake Data versions did not change between successfully using Hubitat build 2.0.8.113 and the failure to use 2.1.0.123, but this does not appear to be a problem on your side.

I really appreciate your help in digging through this today.

Thanks. Since a plug-in caused the issue not sure what we can do. I did download brave and since it is chromium based, it's very likely to work.

1 Like