Resideo WiFi Water Leak and Freeze Detector and Cable compatibility

HI I have quite a few of these leak detectors I would like to integrate with Hubitat from Resideo (formally Honeywell) WiFi Water Leak and Freeze Detector and Cable.

Is there a way to have Hubitat recognize these devices or should I stick with the Resideo app which is currently cloud-based. I'm pretty technically saavy so if there is some API's or something that need to be exposed with a little elbow grease that isn't out of the question for me too... I thought I would reach out to see if someone has already did the discovery and implementation to make this work. Thanks in advance for any info! :slight_smile:

I believe that leak detector uses the same API as the newer Honeywell WiFi thermostats. There is a community integration for those thermostats. See this thread: [RELEASE] Beta 1 - version of Honeywell Home Thermostats (Lyric etc...)

It would take some work, but you could reuse the code for discovery, authorization, etc. and just create a new device for the leak detector. You would have to poll it, though, as events are not supported by the existing Honeywell Home App/driver. The REST API used by this App/driver is documented here: https://developer.honeywellhome.com/

I have a fork of the original code that I am using to fix bugs, as the original developer is no longer supporting it. It is here: GitHub - tyuhl/hubitat-honeywell-Maintenance: Fork of thecloudtaylor's Hubitat Honeywell Driver/App for Ongoing Maintenance

1 Like

hey thank you! I'll take a peek at this in my off time and see what I can come up with!