Reset and WiFi and Network Connection Blue Green Red

I have a G8 Hubitat. I had it up and running and then ran a reset. It seems to have hung. After some hours trying to get it reconnected this is what happens….

With Power cable and network cable connected reset for 7+ seconds. It will reset. It will then blink green/red although I can find it in my WiFi and again add in the WiFi password. It then goes green as if it is connected. I cannnot reach it via the app or via a chrome browser.

However, I cannot reach it via the dashboard or connect to hub. So I unplug it and wait for a few minutes. Then power it up again. Again get the red and green light following the blue. I can again find it via WiFi. I have no idea if the lan cable is working although it works on other devices. I have no way to change settings although the debug function on the app suggested there was a faint chance of life.

I cannot search for it with MAC address etc. Have tried all those approaches.

Is the unit dead? Is it something to do with the registration? What steps do I take next?

Thanks for your help.

Hi! I've got the same issue. Were you able to fix it?

Did you try a reset the network ?

1. Turn the hub over and locate the recessed round button just beneath the surface of the case
  2. Use the paper clip to press and hold this button for at least 7 seconds.
  3. When the LED on the front of the hub blinks, release the button.

Thanks WalockWeary - got it working now, but most issued started after I did the network reset - not exactly sure what part worked.

1. Mesh wasn't recognising one of my Hubitat devices (connected through wifi) and reboots weren't helping.
  2. I tried network reset (7 second with paperclip into bottom)
  3. After reboot, the device went into green and red flashing mode. Could not connect to habitat anymore
  4. Reboot device, and plugged in LAN cable
  5. Logged into Hubitat after I found new IP address
  6. Tried to reconnect Wifi, but device hung
  7. Reboot device and reconnected through LAN cable - repeated 6,7 a few more times.
  8. On last occasion, I was able to successfully connect to wifi
  9. Turned off LAN connection

All works now.

1 Like

Well that was fun .. glad to see you got it working :slight_smile:

1 Like