Required Expression shows True but shows "Required Expression False"

Yes several times.

Was it this rule or a different rule that set PB to true?

It is possible it was set by another rule. I have found since using the private Boolean method as a way to stop the rule from triggering that if I reboot the hub that sometimes the private Booleans may be false at the time of reboot and after reboot the rule will not run. The time of the last run would probably be about the time I updated the hub and rebooted.

I created a rule that upon reboot sets the private Boolean in all rules that use this method back to true.

I just noticed that the method which sets PB from a different rule was not updating the app name to include a changed Required Expression state in all cases. Working on that to fix it. I did get that case to fail.

3 Likes

I just updated the rule by hitting done and that fixed it. So that sounds like what happened.

There was definitely a bug having to do with this. Fix in next release...

3 Likes

Was this fixed in .130? I ask, because the rule I posted above is still doing same thing.

Also the rule seem to be working this morning when I got up. There was a hub reboot last night, but it was at 3:00am so the private Boolean should not have been set by an outside rule since this morning at 5:43am which was the last time the rule was activated.

1 Like

Yes, it was fixed.

1 Like

Hmm, it was showing Required Expression False again this morning, and the Boolean was true. I have made a slight change and restarted it so I will see how it goes. I was incorrect, there was no hub reboot this morning. The last reboot occurred around 5:00PM yesterday when I updated all my hubs.

1 Like

This topic has run its course. This bug has been fixed and tested every possible way. If you still have an issue with this, it will need a new topic and fresh documentation including logs, screenshots, etc.