Request to add support for new device

@mike.maxwell
Hi, we have a new device called "ThirdReality Smart Plug", model id is: 3RSP02028BZ. And it can show the power and have on/off function.
But, when we use hubitat to add this device. When it was added to hubitat, it is identified as Device. We can not use the on/off function and it will not show the power.
If we change the type to Generic Zigbee Outlet manually, it will work. You can see the picture below.
Can you help to add the support for our new device in hubitat. Thank you.

2 Likes

Can you post the device pairing fingerprint? It’ll make it easy for @mike.maxwell to add support for it in the existing generic zigbee outlet driver.

3 Likes

@mike.maxwell hello, here is the device pairing info

2 Likes

@mike.maxwell @bobbyD

Just make sure you press Configure after switching to the Generic Driver. If it works and you are getting the power reporting using that driver nothing else is really needed.

Just to be clear, Hubitat can add the fingerprint info to the driver so it is picked up automatically to help new users but it wont gain you any more functionality.

3 Likes

I think it is better to add the fingerprint info to the driver. Because now, when it was added to hubitat, it is identified as Device. If it is add to the driver, we don't need to change the type manually.

1 Like

@mike.maxwell @bobbyD @support

Thanks for tagging. We are on it. Will reach out directly if we need additional details.

1 Like

A 4 pack of them on Amazon is $38.99. Seems too good to be true. Hope the power monitoring works well.

https://smile.amazon.com/THIRDREALITY-Zigbee-Function-Certified-Required/dp/B0BPY5D1KC/ref=sr_1_1

Now, we have added cumulative power consumption function in a new version. Does hubitat support displaying cumulative power consumption? @mike.maxwell

1 Like

Yes. As an attribute.

@mike.maxwell @bobbyD Can you help to add this in hubitat?

I can't speak for the HE staff that have been tagged, but if they haven't reached out to you directly, please be patient. It appears that most of their energy is focused on supporting and fixing issues associated with the roll out of their newest hub.

4 Likes

Ill get to it when i can.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.