Request for Support for Matter compatible AiDot WELOV P200 Smart Air Purifier

Wildfires are becoming more and more frequent in the Western U.S., Canada, and many other parts of the world. Air purifiers are becoming a necessity to maintain a smoke free, healthy environment in homes when the air outside is full of smoke.

I'd like to see the Hubitat add support for the AiDot WELOV P200 Smart Air Purifier. The P200 is the first Matter compatible air purifier. Support for air purifiers was included in v1.2 of the Matter protocol spec. It is my understanding that Apple Home, along with some of the other big players in the world of Matter, will be adding support for v1.2 of Matter in the near future.

I haven't found air purifiers with good smart home integration. So, support for the P200 would be a big step forward in allowing the operation of an air purifier to be optimized in a smart home. For example, just being able to turn an air purifier off when the home isn't occupied can save the homeowner a great deal of money on filters for the purifier; which can be quite expensive.

Automatically changing the operating mode of a purifier in a bedroom from Auto mode to sleep mode at night is another nice use case that adds convenience to using an air purifier..

Thanks

3 Likes