Request for Expanded Functionality in Room Lights

No....I get it. And maybe that is useful for some but I have very rare instances where I only want one and only one room lighting scenario. I was trying to share some thoughts and give some ideas to expand the functionality, but I guess this is not the forum to provide input. I am looking forward at the potential for the app to expand to be a true full room lighting feature.

1 Like

Constructive input is always welcome, but you must also be willing to accept that an answer of no or not at this time is a valid response, and should be afforded the same respect as you expect for your input.

7 Likes

I would be and am, but the conversation was that I was not understanding.

Appreciate the input and help getting the bathroom lights to work for now.

Do you mean that prestage support will be dropped in the future from current drivers that support it?

New drivers will be introduced, and the old ones deprecated. The old ones would go on working as they do now. But, new drivers won't include pre-staging option.

1 Like

That's unfortunate. I have found success with PreStaging and is very helpful to setting brightness of lights throughout the day.

Why? You can continue to use the existing drivers.

I can understand why Hubitat is moving away from keeping pre-staging in drivers; pre-staging implementation varies quite a bit between the devices that currently support it.

So I do something like you are looking for with my GE dimmers using a driver that supports the setLevel command. The rule looks like this:

Then in ANY automation I'm just simply turning ON the light, treat it like a switch. If the dimmer is off at the time the mode changes, the "preset" level is changed and nothing happens. If you turn on the switch virtually or manually it turns on to my preset level. As you can see if the light is already on, it just changes to the new level at that time. Been using this for years.

2 Likes

I have a similar setup, but I have a rule for each Mode (Morning, Day, Evening, Night) adjusts each level. Works decently, a few issues. I thought RL would replace this lengthy setup allowing a similar setup.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.