Request: add SetParameter to built-in ZWave drivers

I have a few Aeotec Illumino dimmers which have a parameter (133) which sets a default brightness when the paddle is pushed. Without that option in the driver, there doesn't seem to be any way to change the parameter with Rule Machine.
As a work-around, I am using @jtp10181's Zooz ZEN advanced driver which has the ability to set a parameter allows me to have a rule that changes the dimmers' parameter a few times a day.
There are probably lots of users that could also use this ability for various uses, so adding it to all built-in ZWave drivers (eventually) would be great.

1 Like

I have considered making universal drivers for the most common device types. You would either scan the device for settings using my scanner tool, or import the parameter info for any device from a JSON file and have it display in the UI as a setting.

That would not solve the RM issue though, and that was why I ended up adding that command. People wanting to change various settings from RM, was better to add one generic command instead of a special command for each setting.

1 Like

It's pretty sweet, I'll say.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.