Request: Add 'Rooms' support to MakerAPI

Now that Hubitat has support for Rooms - can we get access to them via MakerAPI?

Maybe as simple as adding a new room JSON field to each device if it's contained in 1 or more rooms

thanks,
joe

4 Likes

.. or a new endpoint (ie "/rooms") which just can return a list of rooms (name, image) and device ID's contained.. that would be more efficient I imagine than modifying the existing API response

2 Likes

I like option 2, but that comment is only based on what rooms do today. Not sure if that would line up with future capabilities they have in mind.

One or more? I thought a device can only be in 1 room?

Has this been looked into at all? I'm starting to dig into using Node-RED along with the Maker API and was hoping to get room data to work along with other room groupings I've set up. It would be nice to be able to have that as something to key off of and allow me to manage the "room" a device is in from Hubitat rather than going into NR to update/drag flows around.

I feel like it's something that could actually be added to the existing /devices/all payload without causing a breaking change as it would be a new attribute without changing the content of existing.

Not yet. Will check on prospects for this.

2 Likes